National Premier League roundup 13th of January, 2015
Tuffy’s brace was enough

Jermaine “tuffy” Anderson was in spanking form last night at the Drewsland Mini stadium. The game saw the the Spanish Town base team Rivoli creating the better chances. In minute number 11 Kemar Beckford weaved his way pass Rohan Amos and found himself with the goal keeper at his mercy but his ferocious kick went wide. Quick movements and some sloppy defending saw Kelso Cousins from Waterhouse making back to back saves. Cory Burke Rivoli’s talisman and player of the round for December was relatively quiet doing most of the passing to his strike partner Kemar Beckford.

Waterhouse however knows that if they are to get back their hands on the coveted Red Stripe Premier League trophy they have to beat Rovoli. The spectators were in no mood for any mediocre ball game, and kept shouting to the players to keep possession of the football. With that in the back of the players mind a nice through ball was played through for Stewart whose shot was comfortably saved by Campbell.

What seems to be a very poor exchange of passes by both teams finally picked in the 28th minute of play when Oshane Roberts who has been having success in his make shift position as a right back picked out Anderson with a telling cross. Anderson’s header from ten yards out beat a full stretched Campbell all ends up and curled in the back of the net. The first half ended with Rivoli trailing the home team Waterhouse.

After a stern team talk by both coaches Rivoli started the second half just as how they started the first pressing for that equalizing goal. In minute number 50 Kemar Beckford’s shot again was saved this time miraculously from ten yard by Cousins. I can safely say goalkeeper Cousins is well deserving of this month’s salary as again he was brought into action this time by Ross Burton. The chances swinging from end to end with chants and cheers from the jubilant supporter.

Captain Damarley Samuels gave the “firehouse” supporters something extra to cheer for as he made it 2- 0 in minute 55. Rivoli pressing higher up the field, left a little space for the speedy and skillful Juvaune Benjamin to get by his marker before whipping a cross in to find Anderson who unleashed a thunder bolt left foot shot to beat Campbell for the third time and Anderson’s second of the game. With little over 20 minutes to go in the second half and trailing by 3 goals, Rivoli is still of the belief that they are still in the game. Their brave effort was rewarded in the 70th minute when Burke’s shot was too hot for Cousins to handle and he coughed it up in the path of Davion Garrison for a easy finish.

Coach Patrick now decided to kill the game off so he introduced the diminutive magician Romario “rum rum” Campbell. He immediately got involved and start stringing passes left right and center with Bejamin, Stewart, Taylor and Gray. Some quick exchange of passes pulled the Rivoli defence to threads allowing Campbell to finish off a neat give and go from Stewart to make it 4-1. That was the icing on the cake as the Rivoli player sunk deeper in despair. Shortly afterwards referee Courtney Campbell brought the game to a close. The supporters were well served hoping they will get more of the same as Waterhouse travel to Boys Town on Sunday.

Upcoming games January 11. 2015

GAME TIME 3:00pm Collie Smith Drive

Boys Town FCvsWaterhouse FC

GAME TIME 5:00pm Stadium East

Cavalier SCvsReno FC

GAME TIME 3:00pm Wespow Park

MONTEGO Bay UnitedvsHarbour View FC

GAME TIME 4:00pm Prison Oval

Rivoli United FC vsHumble Lion FC

GAME TIME 3:00pm Juici Park

Sporting Central FCvsTivoli Gardens FC
Marvin Walters

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *